Breakup & Divorce Recovery and Date Coaching
We’ve all been in that horrible place when a relationship ends, we’re heartbroken and left questioning if what we had was real. You’re hurting and grieving the loss of your relationship and wishing you could just “get over it”. But breakups and divorces come with difficult thoughts and feelings including depression, confusion, anger, fears about the future, anxiety, changes in our identity and even physical pain that take time to heal.
We will meet you where you are at in your breakup or divorce recovery process and provide you with supportive counseling based on your strengths while helping you gain insight and tools to better manage thoughts and emotions in order to transition faster and with less pain.
When you’re ready, we also provide coaching to singles to explore the process of dating and the overwhelming world of online dating. As Dating Coaches, we’ll help you:
- Date smarter by clarifying what you are looking for and how to find it
- Create improved boundaries in dating
- Identify past unhelpful relationship patterns
- Improve communication
- Identify your love languages and attachment style
- Clarify deal-breakers and negotiables when looking for a life partner
With dating coaches, dating smarter doesn’t have to be such a negative or overwhelming experience.
Couples Counseling and Pre-Marital Counseling
Next Step Counseling offers counseling for relationship difficulties for couples and individuals. Many times there are parts about your relationship that you love and parts that you are unsatisfied with. Do you stay or do you go? Can these difficult areas be worked past?
Relationship difficulties happen for many reasons: communication styles, life values, religion, arguments, sexual compatibility, substance use, or decisions on whether to have children. The next step in moving past your relationship confusion, which may be causing you to feel anxious, disappointed, depressed or confused, is to help you sort through your conflicts that are keeping you from taking action, expressing how you feel, identifying your needs and non-negotiables, connecting on a deeper level and making decisions. We will take the time to learn what you are struggling with individually or as a couple in your relationship and help you work through and decide if this is the right one for you!
We specialize in helping individuals and couples navigate:
- Premarital therapy
- Adjustment to living together, engagement or marriage
- Relationship uncertainty
- Divorce recovery
- Emotional intimacy, conflict and communication
- Sex therapy for improved sexual intimacy
- Relationship struggling with substance use and addictions recovery
How you approach and perceive your life change will impact how you get through it and how you will feel moving forward. We will help you let go parts of the past that keep you from being happy in the present and provide you with tools to help you to feel more in control. This may include decreasing the avoidance of difficult feelings that come with uncomfortable change, increasing coping and self-awareness, and helping you examine and identify your values and strengths in order to make realistic goals and movement towards the life you want.
We are licensed clinicians that are highly skilled at providing life transition counseling services for:
- Grief and loss
- Being in a different phase of life from your friends
- Depression and anxiety episodes
- Moving to a new city
- Eating disorders
- Career confusion or changes
- Codependency in relationships
- Transitioning from school to the work force
- Substance use and addictions recovery
- Adjusting to or being more content with being single
- Vegetarian or vegan-friendly counseling for those transitioning